Commonly known as Bay Area, San Francisco is one of the major city of California. This city is quite small, yet its hilly terrain, victorian architecture and beautiful demographic features gives it more diversity. I have listed down some of the interesting parks you should not miss while you are here.
- AT & T Park- This park opened as the home of the San Francisco Giants in 2000. You can enjoy breathtaking views of the city and of the Bay and enjoy the atmosphere of the stadium at the same time.The real fun is to buy a ticket and watch a Giant’s game. Tickets are almost always available at the last minute and aren’t that expensive.
- Golden Gate Park- The Golden Gate Park is a large urban park which is similar to the famous Central Park of New York City. The main attractions of this park is De Young Museum, Academy of Science and Arts and Japanese Tea Garden. It also has lots of playgrounds, ponds, picnic areas and open lawns.
- Angel Island State Park- The Angel Island State Park in San Francisco Bay features magnificent views of Marin County and San Francisco. It is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts as it offers wide variety of recreation.The tram ride is interesting and the buildings are beautiful .
- Mission Doleres Park- This City park is located between the Mission District and the Castro/Noe Valley neighborhoods. It is very nicely maintained and has great children play field as well. The view of the city from the top is spectacular.
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park- This park offers an in-depth tour of San Francisco’s development and great short history of San Francisco’s waterfront. It conveys the history of ships but beside from touring the historic ships, be sure to stop by the Visitors’ Center across the street. There are 4 ships for people to explore and has a cool lighthouse glass.
Be sure to visit this parks with your family and friends while you are on a holiday or on weekend trip to San Francisco. Ditch your ideas of travelling in your regular cars and rent San Francisco limousine services to travel around these beautiful places.